Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into two classes:
- Early Years/Year 1 Unit (Acorns and Saplings) - Children aged 4-6 years
- Year 2 (Oaks) - Children aged 6-7 years
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Forest Schools - Acorn Class24Jan2020
- Oak Class Parent/Carer Lunch27Jan2020
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
- Swimming - Sapling Class28Jan2020
Oak Class Parent/Carer Lunch Monday 27 January 12.15pm
- The School Nurse will be in School on Tuesday 21 January to carry out vision tests with our Receptions Class children.
- Swimming sessions start on Tuesday 14 January for Sapling Class. Please remember your swimming kit and towel.
- Acorn Class will be attending their first Forest Schools session on Friday 10 January.
- We hope everyone had a wonderful and restful Christmas and New Year Break.
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school