Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into two classes:
- Early Years/Year 1 Unit (Acorns and Saplings) - Children aged 4-6 years
- Year 2 (Oaks) - Children aged 6-7 years
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Nativity Songs at the Glebe Centre10Dec2019
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Christmas Dinner in School10Dec2019
- Nativity Performance11Dec2019
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Our Sleepover is taking place in School on Friday 29 November. Children can return to School at 5.15pm
- We will be holding a sleepover in School on Friday 29 November with a 'chippie tea'.
- 3.15pm-5.30pm we will be holding a Cinema Evening in School showing the film 'Toy Story 4'.
- Parents/Carers are invited to join us for Lunch next Monday 18 November.
- Children are invited to come to School in non-uniform and donations for Children in Need can be made on the day.
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school