Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 49 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into two classes:
- Early Years/Year 1 Unit (Acorns and Saplings) - Children aged 4-6 years
- Year 2 (Oaks) - Children aged 6-7 years
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Swimming - Oak Class20Nov2018
- Forest Schools - Sapling Class23Nov2018
- School Nurse to see Reception Children23Nov2018
'Open Week' for prospective Parents/Carers - Please come and have a look around our School
Crich Church of England Infant School News
- Please come and have a look around our School to see our teaching and learning spaces and meet our Staff.
- Term 2 is one of the busiest in the School year.
- Please remember that next Friday is an Inset Day and the School will be closed to Pupils.
- Individual School Photographs will be taken on 25 October.
- Our Autumn Fair is being held at the Glebe Centre on Saturday 20 October 1.30pm - 5.00pm.
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school