Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into two classes:
- Early Years/Year 1 Unit (Acorns and Saplings) - Children aged 4-6 years
- Year 2 (Oaks) - Children aged 6-7 years
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Year 2 Parents/Carers Lunch19Jun2019
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
- Pre-Rising 5 Session20Jun2019
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Forest Schools - Oak Class21Jun2019
Year 2 Parents/Carers meeting for Lea Green is now on Monday 17 June at 2.30pm
- Please note this will now take place on Monday 17 June at 2.30pm.
- Please keep any eye on our Dates for your Diary for all the events taking place this term.
- Welcome back to Term 5, it may only be a short term but we have lots to do!!
- You are invited to join us for Easter Worship at St Mary's Church.
- Children can come dressed in non-uniform and make a donation to Comic Relief and have their nose painted for £1.00.
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school