Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into three classes:
- ‘Acorn Class’ - Reception children aged 4-5 years.
- 'Sapling Class' - Year 1 children aged 5-6.
- ‘Oak Class’ - Year 2 children aged 6-7 years.
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Swimming - Oak Class23Oct2018
- School Photographs25Oct2018
- INSET DAY- School Closed to Pupils26Oct2018
PTFA Autumn Fair is taking place this Saturday 1.30pm - 5.00pm at the Glebe Centre. Everyone is welcome, so come along and start your Christmas shopping!
Crich Church of England Infant School News
- Please remember that next Friday is an Inset Day and the School will be closed to Pupils.
- Individual School Photographs will be taken on 25 October.
- Our Autumn Fair is being held at the Glebe Centre on Saturday 20 October 1.30pm - 5.00pm.
- Please join us for Oak Class Parent/Carer Lunch next Thursday.
- You are welcome to join us for our Harvest Worship at St .Mary's Church on Monday
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school