Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into three classes:
- ‘Acorn Class’ - Reception children aged 4-5 years.
- 'Sapling Class' - Year 1 children aged 5-6.
- ‘Oak Class’ - Year 2 children aged 6-7 years.
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Bookmark evening26Apr2018
- Forest Schools - Oaks27Apr2018
- PTA Ladies Evening at the Glebe Centre27Apr2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tickets are now available from the School Office for the PTA Ladies Night to be held on Friday 27 April at the Glebe Centre
Crich Church of England Infant School News
- Tickets (£7.50 to include glass of Prosecco or non alcoholic punch) are now available from the School Office.
- A reminder that Oak and Sapling classes have swimming on the first day back of the new term.
- We are holding a collective worship to say goodbye to one of our pupils and our BEd Student.
- This will now take place on Wednesday 21 March . All children will require a hard boiled egg for our 'Egg Rolling' event.
- All Sapling Class children to be in school for 8.00am on Wednesday as the coach will be picking us up at 8.30am.
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school