Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into three classes:
- ‘Acorn Class’ - Reception children aged 4-5 years.
- 'Sapling Class' - Year 1 children aged 5-6.
- ‘Oak Class’ - Year 2 children aged 6-7 years.
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Swimming - Oaks (Final Session)28Nov2017
- Advent Day01Dec2017
- Forest Schools - Saplings (Final Session)01Dec2017
- Please come along and support the PTA Christmas Fair in school on Friday
- Children in Need Friday 17 November
- Our children will be attending a Remembrance Service at the Church and all Parents/Carers invited to attend
- This is one of our busiest terms of the year and we are looking forward to lots of wonderful activities in school.
- The School will be closed to pupils on Friday 20 October and will reopen for Term 2 on Monday 30 October 2017.
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school