Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into three classes:
- ‘Acorn Class’ - Reception children aged 4-5 years.
- 'Sapling Class' - Year 1 children aged 5-6.
- ‘Oak Class’ - Year 2 children aged 6-7 years.
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Whole School visit to Crich Carr Primary School25Jun2018
- Swimming - Acorn Class26Jun2018
- New Starters Transition Day27Jun2018
End of year school photographs will take place on Friday 15 June
Crich Church of England Infant School News
- End of year group photographs will be taken in School on Friday. If you would like family photographs please inform the School office
- Oak Class Children will be attending 24 and 25 May with Sapling and Acorn Classes on the 25 May.
- All the children and staff will be walking to Crich Stand on Wednesday
- Tickets are now available for our annual PTFA Family Disco.
- Parents/Carers are invited to join us for lunch on Tuesday 8 May at 12.15pm
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school