Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into three classes:
- ‘Acorn Class’ - Reception children aged 4-5 years.
- 'Sapling Class' - Year 1 children aged 5-6.
- ‘Oak Class’ - Year 2 children aged 6-7 years.
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Swimming - Sapling and Oak Classes16Jul2018
- Sports Day at the Recreation Ground17Jul2018
1:45 am - 2:45 am
- Parent Helpers Assembly18Jul2018
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Keep an eye on our dates for your diary for lots of events coming up in the next 3 weeks!
Crich Church of England Infant School News
- Please remember to take and collect your child directly to Crich Fire Station on Thursday at normal school times.
- Extra swimming sessions
- Don't miss our film night where we are showing the new film 'Early Man'.
- End of year group photographs will be taken in School on Friday. If you would like family photographs please inform the School office
- Oak Class Children will be attending 24 and 25 May with Sapling and Acorn Classes on the 25 May.
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school