Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into three classes:
- ‘Acorn Class’ - Reception children aged 4-5 years.
- 'Sapling Class' - Year 1 children aged 5-6.
- ‘Oak Class’ - Year 2 children aged 6-7 years.
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- School Holidays17Feb2018
Term 3 ends on Friday 16 February 2018 and Term 4 begins on Monday 26 February. Enjoy your half-term break.
- Children are invited to join us to watch the film 'Sing'.
- All Oak Class parents/carers are invited to join us for lunch on Thursday.
- Welcome back to Term 3 or our 2017 - 2018 School year.
- Monday 18 December is our visit to the pantomime in Derby. Please remember that all children need to be at school for 8.30am as the bus is picking us up at 9.00am.
- Children are invited to attend our Festive Film Night on Thursday when we will be watching 'Nativity'. During film night we will be having popcorn and hotdogs..
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school