Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into two classes:
- Early Years/Year 1 Unit (Acorns and Saplings) - Children aged 4-6 years
- Year 2 (Oaks) - Children aged 6-7 years
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- Swimming - Sapling Class22Jan2019
- Lego Afterschool Club24Jan2019
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- Forest Schools - Acorn Class25Jan2019
Swimming sessions for the Sapling Class begin on Tuesday 15 January
Crich Church of England Infant School News
- Forest Schools resumes on Friday 11 January with the Acorn children attending.
- The School closes on Friday 21 December and will reopen in the New Year on Monday 7 January 2019.
- Our Nativity performances are Thursday 13 December at 2.00pm and 7.00pm and Friday 14 December at 2.00pm.
- Sapling Class will be swimming on Tuesday 11 December and Oak Class on Tuesday 18 December.
- Thank you to everyone who dressed up for Children in Need - we raised £65.02
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school