Welcome to our site !
Crich C of E Infant School is a small village school, you will find us on Bowns Hill in Crich. We are a voluntary controlled Church of England School. We are a co-educational day school funded by the local authority. The school was established in 1848.
We have 48 children on roll between the ages of 4 and 7 years. The children are organised into three classes:
- ‘Acorn Class’ - Reception children aged 4-5 years.
- 'Sapling Class' - Year 1 children aged 5-6.
- ‘Oak Class’ - Year 2 children aged 6-7 years.
We value excellent relationships with parents/carers. Learning is a life-long experience and we value our partnership that we have with you in your child’s learning. We have an open door policy and parents/carers are welcome into school at any time. Many of our current parents/carers help with reading and classroom based activities.
- Bright large classrooms
- Canopy area
- Astroturf play area
- Netbooks and iPads
- Interactive technology in each classroom
- School run Breakfast and After School Provision
- Active School Council
- Positive Play provision
- A variety of after school clubs
- Well organised playgrounds with equipment to promote physical activity, dance and drama
- Village community
- St. Mary’s Church
We believe that by using a creative approach to the curriculum, all pupils can learn effectively through physical, visual and auditory approaches. We work very hard in school to make sure all pupils are included in their learning and there are lots of opportunities to discuss lessons, assess success and solve problems.
Latest School calendar Events
- End of Term 525May2018
- Lea Green Residential Oak Class25May2018
- Lea Green Sapling and Acorn Classes25May2018
Please remember suitable clothing and footwear for our walk to Crich Stand on Wednesday 16 May.
Crich Church of England Infant School News
- Oak Class Children will be attending 24 and 25 May with Sapling and Acorn Classes on the 25 May.
- All the children and staff will be walking to Crich Stand on Wednesday
- Tickets are now available for our annual PTFA Family Disco.
- Parents/Carers are invited to join us for lunch on Tuesday 8 May at 12.15pm
- Tickets (£7.50 to include glass of Prosecco or non alcoholic punch) are now available from the School Office.
Some of the lessons taking place this term with our children working inside and outside school